This temple is related to the Ban Siew San Temple above it. First established in 1880 in the form of an attap house, the temple in its present form was constructed in 1905 and expanded in 1928. The land was donated by Madam Tan Geok Hup, daughter of Tan Kim Seng. While Ban Siew San was founded by a male lay taoist practitioner, Koon Seng Ting was looked after by a lay female taoist practioner. Her name was Mdm Teh Chit Yee, a Teochew lady. According to the caretaker of Ban Siew San, the present temple building was constructed 20 odd years after Ban Siew San. In the early days, orphans or abandoned baby girls would be brought to this temple for refuge. Over the years, these girls grew up and left the temple one after another. The sifu got so upset at one point, believing that it was the visiting male devotees that lured the girls out of the temple, that she closed the temple from the public. The present caretaker, by the name of Chua Peng Nyet, was one of these adopted girls of the temple. She was brought here at the age of 5 by a Peranakan Nyonya from Penang, Chew Nee Lock, who passed away in 1970. Chew was a disciple of Mdm Teh Chit Yee.
kentneo on 21. Kwong Fook Gu Miu, 1880,… kentneo on 15. Tong Xian Tng, 1870, needs… Jimmy Wong on 15. Tong Xian Tng, 1870, needs… Li Xian Kong on Kuan Kong Temple, 1858, d… Pat on Fong Yun Thai Chong De Tang,…